The First Sip - All stitching complete!

I've now completed all the stitching on The First Sip, which is the largest and most complex project I've worked on to date, and I'm really rather proud of it.
The finished article


I was worried about doing the needlelace, but after a few practice runs and a few false starts it look pretty good. Not quite as perfect as that in the illustration of the pattern, but I'm pleased with it nonetheless. I particularly like how when I added the edging to the lace it brings out the depth of the outline, making it look like a doily around the edges and finishing off the centre pattern nicely and neatly.

Now I just need to clean and press the fabric before getting it ready to frame. It's been a lovely kit to work with lots of new stitches to me, so a great learning experience. There are other similar kits in the series, which if you're interested can be found on Hazel Blomkamp's website (prices in South African Rand)

Next up I want to finish the little Mountmellick sampler I picked up ages ago at the Knitting and Stitching show and another monogram. That should keep me occupied for a week or so, and then I need to plan my next big project...

Comments