My First Commission


Lavender Stalks
I can now show you a project I finished up about a month ago, but couldn't share until now. ABove is a work in progress close up of the flowers.

A friend of mine commissioned me to design and stitch a piece to celebrate his 4th wedding anniversary to give to his wife as a gift, so it's had to remain under wraps until now.



The lavender flowers are done with bullion knots with 4 threads in the needle - 3 purple and on green, getting darker down the flower. The stems are stem stitch with various of the same greens in them Because of the way the threads lie, this makes a very naturalistic colouring for plants.

The idea for these came from Inspirations magazine no 92. I then included a little bee, and the couples names and wedding date (and the colour of the date is the same as the bride's dress).

It's all hooped up into an 8" frame wrapped in pale blue grosgrain ribbon.

I heard last night that the gift was very well received, and I hope they had a lovely anniversary.



Comments