One more monogram



I made my immediate family monograms for Christmas this year, but there was one person who was missed off the list - my husband.

So having finally finished The Last Sip, I figured it was probably about time I made him a monogram. Last year I ordered some special threads from Akonye Kena's House of Embroidery, who produce hand dyed threads and ribbons.

As Simon is a coder, I had to buy their Ubuntu set of threads, which I have now used for his colorful monogram. I bought Perle threads rather than stranded for a change, and so I picked stitches that would complement the extra sheen of the threads, so we have Stem stitch outline, sating stitch for the dots (with regular thread for the padding) and seed stitch for the filling in a lovely variegated thread.

I enjoyed working with these threads and would definitely use them again to add a lovely colourful spread without having to change threads all the time.

I've also run up a quick hoop for the local pub to my Mum and Dads house, which has been taken over recently by family friends (and my sister will be supplying them cakes). Just a quick version of their logo in gold metallic thread using stem stitch.


Next up I've started on a project by Trish Burr from her new book Whitework with Colour, and first pictures of it's very handsome Royal Owl are coming soon!

Comments